Plant based Life are proud to support the Sydney keynote presentation by international special guest Dr Kim Williams M.D. The simposium takes place in Sydney on Sunday 14th January at the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, and we are offering discounted tickets.
To recieve ten dollars off the full ticket price, purchase your tickets here and enter the code PBL.
Symposium Topic: Young At Heart: how to help age-proof your cardiovascular health at all stages of life with nutrition and lifestyle
This event will highlight the affordable, sustainable upgrades that healthcare practitioners and everyday people can make to their lifestyles to stay 'Young At Heart' and reduce the risk of Australia's number one killer - cardiovascular disease.
Additional presentations as part of this Nutrition in Healthcare Sydney Symposium:
- 'Blood Pressure and Beetroots - do vegetables help hypertension?’ Presented by clinical dietitian and researcher, Dr Conor Kerley PhD (Dublin, Ireland).
- 'How to Interpret Nutrition Studies: weighing up the evidence.' Presented by obstetrician, Dr Alphonse Roex M.D. and pediatrician Dr Heleen Roex M.D. np (Adelaide).
- 'Pregnancy and the Early Years - the foundations of a healthy heart.' Presented by pediatrician, Dr Heleen Roex M.D. np (Adelaide).
- 'Dental Health and the Cardiovascular System - why your mouth matters.' Presented by dentist, Dr Helen Voronina (Melbourne).
- Patient case studies and more speakers TBA.
Attend this unique full day event to learn about the latest research and evidence-based practice on the leading lifestyle factor to influence chronic disease outcomes.
This symposium is open to (and suitable for) attendance by both healthcare professionals and the general public.
Kerry Packer Education Centre (KPEC)
Kerry Packer Auditorium
Royal Prince Alfred Hospital
Building 72, Level 4
John Hopkins Dve (off Missenden Rd),
Camperdown, Sydney, 2050
- Healthy, hearty catering from our specially selected suppliers.
- A welcoming atmosphere in a centrally located, quality venue.
- Networking time with colleagues and like-minded individuals and organisations.
- Attendance certificate for those wishing to apply for recognition of professional development hours.
Keynote presenter - Kim Allan Williams (MD, MACC, FAHA, MASNC, FESC)
Born and trained in Chicago, Dr Williams was a professional level tennis player and coach before choosing to pursue a cardiology career. Since 2013, he has headed up the cardiology department of Rush University Medical Center. Dr Williams has served on numerous committees and boards at the United States national level, including the American Society of Nuclear Cardiology (ASNC), the American Heart Association (AHA), the American Medical Association (AMA), the American College of Cardiology (ACC), the Certifying Board of Nuclear Cardiology, the Certifying Board of Cardiac Computed Tomography, the Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography, the Association of Black Cardiologists (ABC) and the Cardiovascular Disease Examination Board of the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM-CV). Among other presidencies throughout his distinguished career, Dr Williams currently serves as the ACC Immediate Past President 2016.